Listen to these (mostly) short sound stories with massive melodies and vibrant arrangements. I’ve discovered them from alternate realities, in an ongoing research project to expand the edges of expressive electronic music.
What have I been creating?
- SOUND DEMOS – Trippy tracks (1|2|3|4) for Surreal Machines plugins, including Glitch Piano Dub Machines.
- SOUNDSCAPE – Twin Black Lodges, an eerie jaunt inspired by Twin Peaks, is my second collaboration with myNoise‘s sinister ambience generator.
- SOUND DEMOS – A trio showing off the 90s synth fun of Fizmo, K5000S, and JD-800/990 in UVI’s Digital Synsations Vol 2.
- SOUND DEMOS – “Layered Cloud Consciousness” & “Theme Park After Dark” for the lush UVI Atmospherics for Falcon pack.
- SOUND DEMOS – “Polyphonic Colorscapes” in support of the analogue tribute that is UVI UVS-3200.
- SOUNDSCAPE – Nocturnion, a drifting journey into the interstellar cosmos, is my first collaboration with myNoise‘s relaxing ambience generator.
- SOUND DEMOS – REPRODEDUCTIONS is 11 tracks deeply exploring the performance possibilities of u-He Repro-1.
- SOUND DEMOS – “TimeCubed” in support of the spacetime journey that is UVI Ether Fields.
- SOUNDS – Noiiz sounds platform is live. Special features like plugin integrations and random buttons. I beta tested.
- SOUND DEMOS & DESIGN – Demo track and 40+ presets w/patterns for Wave Alchemy’s Revolution. 14 iconic drum machines!
- SOUND DEMOS – Three tracks (1|2|3) for UVI’s World Suite. A vast and global instrument encyclopedia!
- SOUND DEMOS – Various tracks and presets showcase for UVI’s Synth Anthology 2. A living museum of classic sounds!
- SOUND DEMOS – #daily4bar fun using ROLI’s BLOCKS to shape music on NOISE.fm.
- SOUND DEMOS – 7 tracks for Joseph Hollo’s Delight for Omnisphere 2. Articulate, expressive ambient.
- CONTEST – Won 1st place in Glitchmachines & Noizefield’s Future Soundz community sound design competition.
- SOUND DEMOS – 4 tracks for ILIO’s Fire Water for Omnisphere 2. Dynamicism + clarity = powerful fun.
There’s a lot of bad advice about electronic musicmaking out there. Facade trash that seems like it should be worthwhile, but apply a little oil-o’-critical-thinking and it falls apart like a cheap suit. Here’s one: “It doesn’t matter what you use, it matters how you...
Writing about music really is like dancing about architecture, and Frank Zappa's observation remains lucidly correct. I continue to wrestle with the "right" words to describe what I do: sometimes I choose those terms because of a pleasant alliteration, or because I...