▓▒░ 4@TORLEY.COM ░▒▓
Listen to these (mostly) short sound stories with massive melodies and vibrant arrangements. I’ve discovered them from alternate realities, in an ongoing research project to expand the edges of expressive electronic music.
I make music & sound design. I’ve won awards, contests, and remix competitions from the industry’s finest (Spectrasonics-Bob Moog Foundation, Impact Soundworks, Samplephonics, ROLI, etc.). I do official demo tracks and preset showcases for many top sound houses like UVI and Omnisphere libraries. With Linden Lab’s Sansar, I’ve worked on virtual world projects for Intel, Warner Bros.’ Ready Player One, the Smithsonian, Monstercat, the Glitch Mob, and other industry innovators and leaders.
If you want to amplify the awesome together, why not reach out?
Some recent highlights...
- DEMOS – “Cascadian Constellation” for Rocky Mountain Sounds’ Majestica Vol 2 for Omnisphere.
- EVENTS – Production Director for The Glitch Mob’s 1st VR concert in Sansar.
- EVENTS – Production Director for Sansar x Monstercat’s 8th Anniversary Event. VR EDM CONCERT FTW!
- DEMOS – “On the Virtue of Focus” for UVI UXV670. So many layers.
- DEMOS – “Electroacoustic Epiphany” showing off UVI Key Suite Electric — the essential electric keys collection.
- GAMES – Made music & sound effects (and various other things) for Sansar Studios’ Space Squad: The Shooting Gallery.
- DEMOS – “What We Must Become” showing off the lushly lyrical world of Jason Schoepfer’s Vinyl for Omnisphere 2.
- DEMOS – “Coangulate” created entirely with Jason Schoepfer’s Sound FX Vol 1 for Omnisphere 2. Pay close attention to those rhythmic variations and the sections at 0:48, 1:20, and 1:36. A lot can be done in 2 min.
- DEMOS – “Love into Balance” made 100% with UVI Key Suite Digital, featuring sampled retro ROMpler pianos.
- DEMOS – “Ethereosity” layers upon layers featuring the sounds of Touch the Universe’s Ethereal Electronics for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “BOOTYFUL PEOPLES” created with the groovy vibes of UVI Eternal Funk.
- DEMOS – “Arpeggiatrix” is made all with patches from Omnisphere 2.6. Quite the melodic cosmic tapestry.
- DEMOS – “Dance Party on Another World” has all sounds from UVI Pulsar. The name says it all.
- DEMOS – “Source Code-Switching” which is China by way of Goa in triplets with Touch The Universe’s Electric Universe.
- DEMOS – “Drifting Riffs” and “Time Machine Fuel” made with CL-Projects’ Realm of Omnisphere I & II, most excellent homages to synth pioneers.
- DEMOS – “The Universe Touches Back” CAN YOU FEEL IT?! Made with the acid-goa-psy-trancy-beyond soundset that is Touch The Universe’s Dream Dimensions for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – Did “Progenitor Tribute” and “FMX-GS Preset Showcase” as delectably digital demos for UVI FM Suite.
- DEMOS – “Toys Gone Wild” is a delectable descent into madness with Plughugger’s Toys After Dark for Omnisphere.
Now I can say I’ve had that experience. Flashback to a record store in 1997 — some 20+ years ago, when I asked my Mom if I could pick out several CDs. She found objections to some of the cover art, but was otherwise agreeable and supportive. I had just sailed past the...
You never outgrow the things you love — more specifically, the unfinished questions from childhood and youth that live on, as recurring motifs throughout the rest of your life. My first “serious” synthesizer was an Alesis QS8. Over recent months, incrementally (and...
There’s a lot of bad advice about electronic musicmaking out there. Facade trash that seems like it should be worthwhile, but apply a little oil-o’-critical-thinking and it falls apart like a cheap suit. Here’s one: “It doesn’t matter what you use, it matters how you...
Writing about music really is like dancing about architecture, and Frank Zappa's observation remains lucidly correct. I continue to wrestle with the "right" words to describe what I do: sometimes I choose those terms because of a pleasant alliteration, or because I...