Friendly greetings! I am TORLEY.
I make sonic science fiction*, including demo tracks for the world’s best sound designers.
Don't demand perfection — insist on continuous improvement.
Listen to these (mostly) short sound stories with massive melodies and vibrant arrangements. I’ve discovered them from alternate realities, in an ongoing research project to expand the edges of expressive electronic music.
Some recent highlights...
- DEMO – “The Anxiety of Impending Rejection” made with Tom Wolfe’s Atomos for Omnisphere.
- PRESETS – 15 nasty big-bass and arcade gunzzz for AudioKit Pro’s Bass 808 synth.
- COOL TOOL – Beta-tested and made product suggestions for Audio Cookbook’s REV2 DEGRADER™.
- DEMO – “Unlock Alternate Reality” and “Antigrav Aqua” made with Sonic Underworld’s Auralis for Omnisphere, curated by Luftrum.
- DEMO – “Quantum Kinetic” made with Hidden Path Audio’s MOTOMACHINE for u-he Zebra 2.
- DEMO – “Folk Art Freedom” made with SoundsDivine’s Acoustic Reality for Omnisphere.
- DEMO – “Merging the Multiverse” made with Rocky Mountain Sounds’ RedMod Moog Tribute for Omnisphere UPDATE!
- DEMO – “Smooth Rolla” and “ReProgrammed” made with Electric Himalaya’s RePercussion for Repro-1.
- DEMO – “Ironic Curtain” made with Rhythmic Robot’s Dark Machine for Kontakt.
- DEMO – “Foleytronica” made with UVI’s Xtreme FX 1.5 for UVI Workstation/Falcon.
- DEMO – “Dark Mode Drama” made with Plughugger’s Dark Mode for Omnisphere.
- DEMO – “Vocalogy” made with UVI’s Voklm for Falcon.
- DEMO – “Undead Influencer” made with UVI’s Savage for Falcon.
- CONTEST – Won 2nd place in Tone2’s demo-song contest for Icarus2.
- DEMO – “Souvenirs of Ideas” made with Sonic Underworld’s Atrea for u-he Repro-5.
- DEMO – “Asymmetric Information aka Hedonic Groove” made with Sound Dust’s Boom & Bust for Native Instruments Kontakt.
- DEMO – “Discology” made with Plughugger’s Future Sound of Retro: Synth Disco for u-he Repro-1/5.
- DEMO – “Opal Fortress” made with European Sound Collective’s Deep Forest for Omnisphere.
- DEMO – “Arts of Space” made with SubsonicArtz’s Origin for Diva.
- DEMO – “Synthwave Sunset” made with UVI’s JP Legacy, part of Vintage Vault 3.
- DEMO – “Northbound Unknown” made with Hidden Path Audio’s ARCTA for Omnisphere.
AKA things intrinsic to my music that I increasingly notice, the more I do them. Do you notice these too? Polyrhythms for no good reason Beginning start of 8 bars with bassy bang Copypasting stab/phrase only a few times through arrangements A-B-A structure where the B...
Now I can say I’ve had that experience. Flashback to a record store in 1997 — some 20+ years ago, when I asked my Mom if I could pick out several CDs. She found objections to some of the cover art, but was otherwise agreeable and supportive. I had just sailed past the...
You never outgrow the things you love — more specifically, the unfinished questions from childhood and youth that live on, as recurring motifs throughout the rest of your life. My first “serious” synthesizer was an Alesis QS8. Over recent months, incrementally (and...
There’s a lot of bad advice about electronic musicmaking out there. Facade trash that seems like it should be worthwhile, but apply a little oil-o’-critical-thinking and it falls apart like a cheap suit. Here’s one: “It doesn’t matter what you use, it matters how you...