Friendly greetings! I am TORLEY.
I make sonic science fiction*, including demo tracks for the world’s best sound designers.
Differ, don't beg.
Listen to these (mostly) short sound stories with massive melodies and vibrant arrangements. I’ve discovered them from alternate realities, in an ongoing research project to expand the edges of expressive electronic music.
Some recent highlights...
- DEMOS – “Vocalogy” made with UVI’s Voklm for Falcon.
- DEMOS – “Undead Influencer” made with UVI’s Savage for Falcon.
- CONTEST – Won 2nd place in Tone2’s demo-song contest for Icarus2.
- DEMOS – “Souvenirs of Ideas” made with Sonic Underworld’s Atrea for u-he Repro-5.
- DEMOS – “Asymmetric Information aka Hedonic Groove” made with Sound Dust’s Boom & Bust for Native Instruments Kontakt.
- DEMOS – “Discology” made with Plughugger’s Future Sound of Retro: Synth Disco for u-he Repro-1/5.
- DEMOS – “Opal Fortress” made with European Sound Collective’s Deep Forest for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “Arts of Space” made with SubsonicArtz’s Origin for Diva.
- DEMOS – “Synthwave Sunset” made with UVI’s JP Legacy, part of Vintage Vault 3.
- DEMOS – “Northbound Unknown” made with Hidden Path Audio’s ARCTA for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “Nordicology” made with Triple Spiral Audio’s Nordicology for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “Effulgent Indulgent” made with Man Makes Noise’s Omnidose for Omnisphere. (AKA what happens when an alien mothership gets their multidactyl appendages and non-linear sense of time on a Roland D-5000.)
- DEMOS – “Hypermelody” — exactly what it sounds like — made with UVI’s Kroma for UVI Workstation/Falcon.
- DEMOS – “Cats in the Pinball Museum” made with Sound Dust’s Orgone 2.
- DEMOS – “Airden Anthem” (contact me if you figure out the anagram) made with UVI’s PX P10 for UVI Workstation/Falcon.
- DEMOS – “Pearlescentimental” made with Triple Spiral Audio’s Universe for Kontakt.
- DEMOS – “Mellowmind” made with Rocky Mountain Sounds’ RedMod Moog Tribute for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “100 Words for Comfort” made with Rocky Mountain Sounds’ Polar Ice for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “Mad Boffin With a Cuppa” made with Plughugger’s Future Sound of Acid House for u-he Repro-5/1.
- DEMOS – “Smash the Dancefloor” made with UVI’s Titanium for Falcon.
- DEMOS – “Cyburban Sprawl” for Plughugger’s Omnisphere Operator One. Check out the extremely effected awesome.
- EVENTS – Production Director for Live at the Nexus: Blasterjaxx w/Spinnin’ Records in Sansar.
- EVENTS – Production Director for BUNKR LIVE: Steve Void & Jay Pryor w/Fnatic & Virgin Records in Sansar.
- DEMOS – “Duckology” for Man Makes Noise’s “The Duck of Death“. GET YOUR DUCK WET.
- DEMOS – “Toy de Force” and “Digital Toyscape” for UVI Toy Suite.
- DEMOS – “Cascadian Constellation” for Rocky Mountain Sounds’ Majestica Vol 2 for Omnisphere.
- EVENTS – Production Director for The Glitch Mob’s 1st VR concert in Sansar.
- EVENTS – Production Director for Sansar x Monstercat’s 8th Anniversary Event. VR EDM CONCERT FTW!
- ALBUM – Watermelon Visions, 35 tracks of pure sonic science fiction, 2 minutes at a time.
- DEMOS – “On the Virtue of Focus” for UVI UXV670. So many layers.
- DEMOS – “Electroacoustic Epiphany” showing off UVI Key Suite Electric — the essential electric keys collection.
- GAMES – Made music & sound effects (and various other things) for Sansar Studios’ Space Squad: The Shooting Gallery.
- DEMOS – “What We Must Become” showing off the lushly lyrical world of Jason Schoepfer’s Vinyl for Omnisphere 2.
- DEMOS – “Coangulate” created entirely with Jason Schoepfer’s Sound FX Vol 1 for Omnisphere 2. Pay close attention to those rhythmic variations and the sections at 0:48, 1:20, and 1:36. A lot can be done in 2 min.
- DEMOS – “Love into Balance” made 100% with UVI Key Suite Digital, featuring sampled retro ROMpler pianos.
- DEMOS – “Ethereosity” layers upon layers featuring the sounds of Touch the Universe’s Ethereal Electronics for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – “BOOTYFUL PEOPLES” created with the groovy vibes of UVI Eternal Funk.
- DEMOS – “Arpeggiatrix” is made all with patches from Omnisphere 2.6. Quite the melodic cosmic tapestry.
- DEMOS – “Dance Party on Another World” has all sounds from UVI Pulsar. The name says it all.
- DEMOS – “Source Code-Switching” which is China by way of Goa in triplets with Touch The Universe’s Electric Universe.
- DEMOS – “Drifting Riffs” and “Time Machine Fuel” made with CL-Projects’ Realm of Omnisphere I & II, most excellent homages to synth pioneers.
- DEMOS – “The Universe Touches Back” CAN YOU FEEL IT?! Made with the acid-goa-psy-trancy-beyond soundset that is Touch The Universe’s Dream Dimensions for Omnisphere.
- DEMOS – Did “Progenitor Tribute” and “FMX-GS Preset Showcase” as delectably digital demos for UVI FM Suite.
- DEMOS – “Toys Gone Wild” is a delectable descent into madness with Plughugger’s Toys After Dark for Omnisphere.
AKA things intrinsic to my music that I increasingly notice, the more I do them. Do you notice these too? Polyrhythms for no good reason Beginning start of 8 bars with bassy bang Copypasting stab/phrase only a few times through arrangements A-B-A structure where the B...
Now I can say I’ve had that experience. Flashback to a record store in 1997 — some 20+ years ago, when I asked my Mom if I could pick out several CDs. She found objections to some of the cover art, but was otherwise agreeable and supportive. I had just sailed past the...
You never outgrow the things you love — more specifically, the unfinished questions from childhood and youth that live on, as recurring motifs throughout the rest of your life. My first “serious” synthesizer was an Alesis QS8. Over recent months, incrementally (and...
There’s a lot of bad advice about electronic musicmaking out there. Facade trash that seems like it should be worthwhile, but apply a little oil-o’-critical-thinking and it falls apart like a cheap suit. Here’s one: “It doesn’t matter what you use, it matters how you...